Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My First Blog Entry!

  There are so many overwhelming thoughts and feelings that come to mind, when I envision this concept I have dreamed of take it's first baby steps. It brings me so much joy to share and offer what I see as pieces of me through the scope of a lens. 
   Ansel Adams is someone I admire, and perhaps one of the biggest staples in regards to photography. The simple fact that he had no educational background in photography, is very inspirational... That's not "quite" the impact I would like to have {Insert sarcastic tone of voice here___}, but there are really no boundaries or rules when it comes to any art form. It brings back memories of musical improvisation on my saxophone, guitar, and piano. Regardless of whatever feedback I was ever given, nothing could ever rob me of the slew of dynamic feelings that those experiences ever gave me. Rekindling that is one of my biggest contributing motivations as I branch out into these new experiences
   As I attempt to stop rambling here, I hope that whoever may stumble upon this may find some inspiration in themselves, and pursue however of an outlandish dream they may have. I am certain Ansel Adams probably had some pretty negative criticisms in his early days, but had he listened to them and given up, his art wouldn't have ended up in my living room, and I am sure that of several others.


"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
   ~Walt Disney








Here are some photos of a shoot with my littlest kids at Pope Farm Park in Middleton, after I purchased a funky, retro shampoo chair as a new prop.

1 comment: