Monday, September 10, 2012

New Pricing

Photography is my passion, hobby, and will hopefully be something I am able to offer families in the long term. With that said, as much as I want to be able to offer my photography for small fees, I have received such a huge response that I simply can't anymore. I am not complaining by any means, but to maintain the best quality, it has become a must at this point. 

As simple as it sounds to just take photos, upload them to your computer, have them printed and transferred onto a CD, there is quite a bit more that goes into the process. 

   I am 100% self taught, and constantly educating myself more and more to be able to expand my skills to that of a professional. This takes me quite a bit of time to research, read up on, and to experience hands on.

   Prior to any session, I do a consultation to get the best feel for your styles, tastes, and preferences. As well as to get the best feel for who YOU are! This is the focal point of my photography as a whole. Capturing moments, characteristics, and personalities are much more sentimental to have as forever memories to look at through the years to come.

   The creative and artistic aspect is also very imperative to what makes my photography unique. A lot of my time is spent searching for inspiration from antique stores to new locations. I also create and make a lot of my props, so they are something unique to your photographs. 

   With every hour long session, I spend approximately 4-8 hours artistically editing them via software. I do them as naturally as I can, but also to enhance the person in front of the lens.

Prior to turning my hobby into a business, I never quite understood why photography was so expensive. And it was honestly a bit frustrating to me, as our family tries to stay on a budget. Now that I have spent the last 6 months or so trying to evolve into a "professional", I can completely understand why!

With that said, 
It is my mission to always be able to provide affordable, local alternatives to big, chain studios. So I have decided to make packages for clientele to choose from to decide what best meets their needs. These options are for family portraiture only. For any event specific needs {i.e, engagements, boudoir, senior sessions, weddings, etc} all of my pricing will be individual to my client's needs, travel expenses, etc. 

Happy beginning of the week everyone! 
~Megs

{Here are my new prices, as well as a picture of my significant other and I... Love is all you need :) }



   

No comments:

Post a Comment